Thursday, August 30, 2007

Song of the Day


Come Around by M.I.A. and Timbaland. This is the last track on her album, Kala, which is where it belongs because it doesn't fit with the rest of the album. The first time I heard it, I was quite unimpressed. The only thing that has me coming back is the, I guess, what would be called the chorus and M.I.A.'s verses. I know Timbaland is the second coming in the beat world but I'm wholly unimpressed. In Come Around, his verses is all about hooking up which doesn't go with the album or M.I.A.'s message/verse either. He seems to bland everyone down. I'm really happy M.I.A. wasn't able to work with him as much as she had wanted to for Kala, because it's a good album with an authentic feel that Timbaland lacks. He's so plastic. He didn't add anything to Bjork's latest that she couldn't have achieved with her own team. And Nelly Furtado sold her soul to him for fame, boring fame. Her first two albums had a definite identity, now she's interchangeable, but famous.

No comments: