Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Broiled Tomatoes


Tonite my family had dinner at my mother's house and I helped. I went onto some recipe sites to find her something to make but of course she had no input and I have little focus, so it took a while but we found an appetizer/side dish, Broiled Tomatoes with Feta and Fresh Oregano . We already had plenty of tomatoes in the fridge and all I needed was more feta and fresh oregano. I actually bought an oregano plant because it was cheaper than the stuff in the package, now it's the challenge of keeping it alive. I cut the tomatoes thinner than the recipe and used less. It had called for a tomato per person but that wasn't about to happen. I stood there and worked really hard on chopping the oregano off the plant and into little bits, but it was in vain sinceit ended up clumping together. My mom came along and just torn little pieces off the plant and placed them on top off the feta to much better effect. In the end they tasted really good and my sister is going to make them this weekend when she is visiting my other sister. Oh, and we had chicken and beef satays with couscous for our main plate.

No comments: