Friday, January 11, 2008

Movies this Week

Some catching up to do since I missed the holiday weeks.

Monster House - Interesting animation. It was done with the motion capture technology. I guess I understood the plot but it was odd.

Superbad - I really enjoyed this flick. It was a funny misadventure comedy. I would recommend it.

Disturbia - Much better than I expected. Sitting a foot from the screen in the dark with head phones made it even better.

The Aviator - Interesting study of a meltdown. I love Cate Blanchett.

The Simpsons Movie - It was enjoyable and didn't feel like they were trying to stretch out a half hour episode.

Waitres - Kari Russell was really good. The true story lies with what happened after shooting finished.

Locked Up - Not so good. An obviously British man trying to pass himself off as American was just one low point.

Futurama the Movie: Bender's Big Score - Not as good as The Simpsons Movie. It had a slightly expected plot twist that fits in with the theme of the show.

X2: X-Men United - I forgot that I had already seen this movie. I was still pretty good except I have serious issues with how the women are depicted verses the comics.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - Long. Plus there was challenge after challenge and some plot/continuity issues. Depp was god as usual.

Notes on a Scandal - Both Dench and Blanchett were sublime. Very delicate telling of an obsesion.

28 Weeks Later - A retread of the original which was much better. I still don't understand why they would try to repopulate so soon after.

No comments: