Monday, October 29, 2007

"I Will Always Love You"


Porter Wagoner died on Sunday. While, I've never been been a big fan of country, I have been a big fan of Dolly Parton ever since my mom played her tapes on errands in the van. And, if you've watched any Parton/women in country music behind the music sort of thing, you'll know that Wagoner's show was what launched her career. She even wrote I Will Always Love You for him. The subject wasn't covered in TV biographies, but Wagoner was experiencing a career renaissance of sorts at 80. Below I've added some clips of his show.

Porter and Dolly duet on Run That by Me One More Time.


The two of them singing a sad, sad story song, Jeannie's Afraid of the Dark.


My favorite, a toe-tapping rendition of Swing Low, Sweet Chariot sung by Dolly.

No comments: